Thursday, March 15, 2007

salary ain’t reward

That’s true! I’m writing that title not regarding my position as a good communist. :)

For me, salary and reward are two different things in career. The term ‘salary’ indicating the right we MUST reveice after doing our job, while ‘reward’ signifying the additional right we MAY receive after scoring certain achievement in job.

And sometimes, we are positioned to feel so fucked for facing a fact that our achievement is not appreciated well. On the opposite, our partner who works worse than us get a better reward, or even promoted!

How is that? That’s a shit or what?

***

Actually, I never think about reward in my job untill he told me the fact showing that (I censored it for my own good) in my office. Minutes after he left me, I sensed an anger, thank to him for that. T_T

But it ended in only two hours.

***

“Yeah, that’s suck.. But why do you feel it now, not yesteryear you've been passed through?” Hanna commented.

Her voice echoed in the hall of the lobby. It’s 10 at night, our moment for cooling-down-conversation before going home.

“dunno...”

“Try to figure it out..” she said.

...

“Ahh,.. I know it. For this long, I have no desire to put those rewards as my goal. I did my job for building my own dignity, my own satisfaction. And... I think I hope more for divine reward, not mortal reward. Let Him decide what’s my reward..”

"That’s it!!!" she smiled, and I smiled too. My happiest smile in that f***in week.

Unknown said...
Ooo gitu. Walau patut dapat acungan jempol, kalo nrimo gitu nanti sulit dapet promosi loh.
turabul-aqdam said...
PL, hah??? gimana dunk?

aku si mikirnya yg penting kerja sebenar&seoptimal mungkin. trus, reward akan datang sendiri. ya ga sih?
ikram said...
tapi reward datangnya belakangan... kaya nasib para penerima nobel. yang mereka terima adalah hasil kerja keras mereka puluhan tahun yg lalu (kata dosen saya).
Unknown said...
Idealnya sih gitu. Tapi kamu jg harus punya drive untuk naik di tangga perusahaan, untuk lebih di appreciated. Kalo diam aja walaupun kamu udah kerja sebaik mungkin, bisa jadi atasanmu mikir kalo kamu udah complacent, jadi dia ngga perlu lagi ngasih kamu apa2.

Kadang para atasan selain memonitor pekerjaan kita, mereka jg pengen kitanya yang punya inisiatif, gitu :)
turabul-aqdam said...
KRAM, PL, thanks a lot! *HUGSSSSSSSSSSS
The Bitch said...
The way your heart sounds makes all the difference
It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel
The way your heart beats makes all the difference in learning to live
Spread before you is your soul
So forever hold the dreams within our hearts
Through nature's inflexible grace
I'm learning to live...

(Dream Theater - Learning to Live)

Dat lyric is surely suitable for any condition, eh?
But there's one thing: u've gotta love what u do and show 'em--dat 'omnipotent' kinda persons called supervisors--dat u love it and ask 'em if u ever need constructive opinion and such. Yet, the biggest orgasm in life is when u luv what u do and enjoy in being the person u wanna b. It is surely not a sheer three-second genital contraction. Figure dat out!

*And here, spread before u is my soul dat leaves a digital print u had nagged about in front of Bukopin ATM Kalibata! Haha!*
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)